Newsela solves the problem of reading engagement holistically for students, teachers and principals by providing fresh, adaptive reading material for every subject – including climate change – and available for a range of reading levels. Content including quizzes, reading annotations and writing prompts to assess student reading, engagement and comprehension.
1. Writing Prompts to engage students on climate specific writing projects (among other available topics).
2. Power Words help students learn new words by encountering them in context while they read.
1. Identify and analyze multiple perspectives on global warming and climate change
2. Identify how to communicate climate change most effectively
3. Describe a variety of climate change media