EcoSchools Canada works to nurture environmental leaders, reduce the ecological impact of schools, and build sustainable school communities. EcoSchools have built the largest bilingual, voluntary environmental certification program for K-12 schools in Canada. This program is known to empower members of a school community with the knowledge, skills, and desire to act as environmentally responsible citizens. In addition to school certification, EcoSchools delivers workshops for teachers, hosts an annual conference, develops educational resources, and provide fundraising opportunities to schools and school boards.
1. Become EcoSchool Certified: Build student leadership through hands-on actions and campaigns as part of the certification process. When you engage in this process, you’ll gain access to exclusive contests and grants
2. School Resources: EcoSchools generates their own lesson plans linked explicitly to Provincial curriculum. High quality climate change lessons are organized by grade.
3. Campaign Kits: Whether it be Earth Week or Climate Change Leadership – EcoSchools has a toolkit for you to explore. Save time planning and investigate these campaigns.
1. Determine the effect climate change has on the diversity of living things.
2. Describe the impacts of climate change on tourist destinations.
3. Analyze Canada’s Response to Climate Change.